- Police - Ride along with officers and provide spiritual guidance and care for same. Assist with domestic situations during ride alongs, help with victims, provide hospital visits to injured or sick officers and victims. Conduct death notifications when necessary.
- Fire - Ride along and assist with family members on scene as help is being administered to victims. Provide spiritual care for firemen and victims. Spend time at station being available to discuss any personal or spiritual situations that may come up.
- City Hall - Assist with families in need of resources. Coordinate volunteers for family outreach projects. Example: We recently coordinated an outreach to clean out a hoarder home.
- Victims - Help align victims with resources in their hour of need. Also help to connect victims with churches for ongoing spiritual care. Work with the disadvantaged to find homes and employment.
- Donations - We have recently secured a building that is being used to take in donated items that most thrift stores don't carry (i.e. refrigerators, washers, dryers, water heaters, couches, beds, chairs and other large furniture items). These items have been donated to the ministry and we in turn give them out to people in need or individuals who are making a fresh start. The include single moms, disadvantaged members of our community that are just getting on their feet, or victims of loss. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Additionally, the PPS Chaplain is a member of the Kalamazoo County Chaplain Support Team, which plays an integral role in training, developing, and mentoring new Chaplains in the Kalamazoo area. The network has grown to 14 members who carry a large presence in nearly every municipality within Kalamazoo County.
How You Can Support The Chaplain Program
- Donations: We're consistently looking for donations to our ministry program. If you have an item in good condition that you'd like to donate, please contact Ken Hovenkamp at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prayer: We have a list of 60 churches that receive our bi-weekly Prayer Request List. Please send an email to email@example.com to subscribe to the list and help lift up our community.
- Interested in becoming a Chaplain? Email Chaplain Ken Hovenkamp at firstname.lastname@example.org for information.