The Park Board is a nine-member board established for the purpose of advising the City Council regarding the provision of adequate park and recreation programs and facilities for the enjoyment of all citizens. This board promotes recreation programs and recommends planning and operating policies for city parks.
- First Wednesday of every month
- 6:30 PM
- Meets at various parks (see notices beforehand)
- 2022 Meeting Schedule
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Portage Arts Committee
A new Arts Committee has been formed under the Portage Park Board to assist in expanding the arts in Portage. Members of this committee will have opportunities to be park of public art concept reviews and participate in art exhibitions, events, workshops, and festivals, as well as collaborate with other area artists. The City of Portage has plans to expand its opportunities for arts in Portage and is currently working on a public art mural program, expansion of it exhibitions and festivals, and outdoor sculpture projects. If you would like to be a member of this committee, fill out the contact form HERE. Version OptionsPark BoardHeadlin Membership on the committee is free and open to all visual and performing artists as well as arts guilds, arts organizations, and those who support and want to be involved in Portage arts. The committee will meet approximately two to three times a year for feedback from members on programs, initiatives, and member ideas to further the arts in our area. For further questions, contact Portage Parks & Recreation at (269) 329-4522 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Park Board Ad Hoc Bicycle Advisory Committee
The Bicycle Advisory Committee is an ad hoc committee to the Portage Park Board. This committee provides citizen input for planning bicycle transportation infrastructure improvements and promoting bicycling initiatives within the City of Portage. These initiatives have included programs, events and other efforts to promote bicycle education and safety. The Committee reports directly to the Park Board, which submits recommendations, program concepts and reports to the Director of Parks, Recreation and Senior Citizen Services.
- Tuesday, February 1 - City Hall, Conference Room 1
- Tuesday, April 5 - City Hall, Conference Room 1
- Tuesday, May 3 - City Hall, Conference Room 1
- Tuesday, June 7 - West Lake Nature Preserve (9001 South Westnedge Avenue)
- Tuesday, July 5 - West Lake Nature Preserve (9001 South Westnedge Avenue)
- Tuesday, August 2 - West Lake Nature Preserve (9001 South Westnedge Avenue)
- Tuesday, September 6 - West Lake Nature Preserve (9001 South Westnedge Avenue)
- Tuesday, October 4 - City Hall, Conference Room 1
- Tuesday, November 1 - City Hall, Conference Room 1