Household Hazardous Waste Disposal

The City of Portage participates in the Kalamazoo County Government Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Program. This service is provided by Kalamazoo County Health and Community Services through a dedicated, voter-approved millage. Portage residents may drop off household hazardous materials without incurring additional fees. For more information, including drop-off location, hours of operation, and accepted materials, view the printable Household Hazardous Waste Guide or call the Kalamazoo County Household Hazardous Waste Program Information Hotline at (269) 373-5211.

Listserv Subscription

The Kalamazoo County Household Hazardous Waste listserv allows you to receive important communications instantly via email including HHW Facility Saturday hours and closings (both expected and unexpected), as well as other HHW news. The email addresses on the listserv are used for county purposes only and are not distributed to third parties. You may unsubscribe to the listserv at any time as every email you receive will include an easily found option to unsubscribe. Once you subscribe, you will receive an email that verifies your subscription.

To subscribe, go to the listserv subscription form.