Dog Licenses

Kalamazoo County Animal Control sends out renewal forms for the annual dog license the first of December each year.  The City of Portage Treasury Office sells Kalamazoo County dog licenses during the renewal period of December 1 through February 28. If you are purchasing a renewal license, bring in the renewal form received from Kalamazoo County and if the rabies shot is past the expiration date or within 30 days of the expiration date, also bring in proof of updated rabies shot.

If it is a new dog (or not licensed in Kalamazoo County before), provide proof of rabies shot and proof of spay/neuter. Contact Kalamazoo County Animal Control at 269-383-8775 for more information.

If renewing a license at the City of Portage during the renewal period and are paying with a check, please make the check payable to the City of Portage.