*** UPDATE *** November 30, 2018, 2 PM
The final round of leaf collections is delayed due to heavy snowfall and will begin on Saturday, December 1. See schedule below.
|Saturday, December 1||Zone 1|
|Monday, December 3||Zone 2|
|Tuesday, December 4||Zone 3|
|Wednesday, December 5||Zone 4|
|Thursday, December 6||Zone 5|
|Friday, December 7||Zone 6|
Thank you for your patience. Please call 329-4444 with any questions.
Each fall, the City of Portage operates a leaf collection program that includes collection of leaves along public streets in each zone. The 2018 program will run from October 29 through December 4. Leaf collection will occur three times in each zone or until prohibited by weather. View complete program details and collection dates. ONLY loose leaves or leaves bagged in biodegradable paper yard waste bags will be collected.
• Leaves in plastic bags (including biodegradable plastic bags) WILL NOT be collected.
• Place leaves at the curb by 7 AM on your scheduled pickup date but not more than 72 hour before.
• Loose leaves should be raked off the grass and into the street. Leaves bagged in biodegradable paper yard waste bags should be placed next to the curb as close to the street edge as possible. Please do not block traffic or bike lanes.
• Streets will be swept following each neighborhood collection, weather permitting.
• There is NO burn period in Portage. Burning of leaves is not permitted at any time.
This program is not performed for commercial establishments, churches or schools or on private streets (unless every property owner on a private street has signed an indemnification form). Call 329-4444 with any questions.