UPDATE - September 5, 2019: On September 6, the Mill & Fill program is scheduled to begin on Ludgate Lane, Upper Darby, Garden Lane and Lake Wood Drive. Work on these streets is expected to be completed by September 7.
UPDATE - September 4, 2019: On September 4, the Mill & Fill program is scheduled to begin on Beauvois Avenue, Bye Street, Drury Lane, La Salle Street and Vaucelles Street. Work is expected to be completed by September 6.
One lane of travel will remain open during this work. Driving on the oily tac coat should be avoided, as this material may attach to tires and vehicle undercarriages. Questions? Call 329-4444.
UPDATE - July 31, 2019: Work on Oakland Drive WILL NOT begin on August 1. Late today, the contractor notified the City of Portage that they are unable to begin work as planned. The City of Portage will update residents via Notify Me.
The City of Portage Summer Mill & Fill program will get underway on August 1, starting with Oakland Drive from Shaver Road to West Osterhout Avenue. The Mill & Fill program includes the removal of badly worn areas of the road and overlaying the surface with 1.5 inches of new asphalt. Affected residents will be notified via an informational door hanger on the day before the scheduled construction. One lane of travel will remain open during the asphalt resurfacing process. Motorists should be aware that a “tac coat” (oily substance) is sprayed on the street before paving to bond the new asphalt to the old surface. Driving on the tac coat should be avoided as this material may attach to tires and vehicle undercarriages and be carried onto driveways or garage floors. The following streets are scheduled for Mill & Fill this summer:
- Oakland Drive (Shaver Road – West Osterhout Avenue)
- Mandigo Avenue (Andrews Street – Autumn View Lane)
- Kingston Drive (East Centre Avenue – Garden Lane)
- Lake Wood Drive (East Centre Avenue – Upper Darby Road)
- Garden Lane (East Centre Avenue – Garden Drive)
- Beauvois Avenue (Kingston Drive – Lake Wood Drive)
- Bye Street (Lake Wood Drive – dead end)
- Drury Lane (Kingston Drive – Garden Lane)
- Vaucelles Street (Kingston Drive – Lake Wood Drive)
- La Salle Street (Kingston Drive – Lake Wood Drive)
- Ludgate Lane (Kingston Drive – Chateau Drive)
- Chateau Drive (Garden Lane – dead end)
- Upper Darby Road (Kingston Drive – dead end)
- Schuring Road (South Westnedge Avenue – Oakland Drive)
- Julie Drive (West Centre Avenue – Charter Avenue)
- Kim Avenue (Julie Drive - dead end)
To receive updates on when these streets are scheduled for Mill & Fill, sign up for Notify Me and subscribe to the 2019 Summer Mill & Fill Projects category.