When can I appeal my assessment?

By law, the only time you may appeal you assessment is at the March Board of Review meeting, which is held the Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday following the second Monday in March.  After you receive the Change of  Assessment notice you may contact the City Assessor’s Department at  269-329-4433 to schedule an appointment; or send a letter of appeal, including the Michigan Department of Treasury Form L-4035 - Petition to Board of Review (PDF), which is available at the Office of the City Assessor. Send to:
7900 S Westnedge Avenue
Portage, MI 49002

Show All Answers

1. When can I appeal my assessment?
2. What are the grounds for an appeal?
3. What happens if I’m not happy with the decision of the March Board of Review?
4. Why can’t I protest my taxes when I get my tax bill in July?