Am I required to have liability insurance?

It depends. Vendors with liability insurance are required to provide the Market Manager with documentation of liability insurance 30 days prior to attending the Portage Farmers Market. All food vendors selling hot, ready to eat food items and vendors that are preparing food on-site must carry liability insurance in the amount no less that $1,000,000 and naming the City of Portage as additional insured. Vendors that are not required to carry liability insurance must sign the Hold Harmless waiver.

Show All Answers

1. What are the dates and hours of operation of the Portage Farmers Market?
2. What size are the vendor stalls at the Portage Farmers Market?
3. What will I need to provide for my market stall?
4. How much does a market stall cost?
5. How much notice do I have to give for a cancellation?
6. Can I use the word "Organic" to describe my products?
7. What type of vendor am I?
8. What time do I need to be set up by?
9. Am I required to participate in food assistance programs?
10. Am I required to have liability insurance?
11. Will there be assigned spaces for vendors?
12. Can I hand out literature and promotional material at the market?
13. Can Cottage Food producers sell food at the Farmers Market?
14. Can I give out samples to customers at the Farmers Market?
15. How can I become a vendor?
16. What can I sell at the Market?
17. How do I bring and event or activity to the market?