Will the city pickup dead animals?

Yes, the city will pickup dead wildlife if in the street or city right-of-way, but not on private property. Please contact the City of Portage Streets Maintenance Division at (269) 329-4444. Note: The city will not pick up domestic animals. For this service, please contact Kalamazoo County Animal Services and Enforcement at (269) 383-8775.

Show All Answers

1. Who do I contact for street maintenance issues (potholes, drainage problems, sidewalk damage, street reconstruction, etc.)?
2. Will the city pickup dead animals?
3. My mailbox was damaged during snow plowing operations. What do I do?