Thank you for your interest in Celery Flats for your Walk/Run Fundraiser!
Many organizations have utilized the Celery Flats established routes for their Out and Back Walk, 5K, and/or 10K event. A 1K can also be added to any of these events. The routes were created to help address safety, parking, staffing, maintenance, scheduling conflicts, etc. Whether this is your first event or if you are a returning organization, it is important to begin your inquiry with the City of Portage Event Application located on this page.
All Walk/Run Events include:
* Grain Elevator Building (7328 Garden Lane) which includes heat and electric. The Grain Elevator is a great location for registration, opening/closing ceremonies, announcements, DJ music, sponsor recognition opportunities, awards, bottled water distribution etc.
* 12 - 8ft tables and 60 chairs (indoor/outdoor friendly) are available to use.
Deposit - $150
Base Fee - $450
Route Set-up - $50
* Months available: April, May, September and October.
* Event times: All walk/run events must take place no earlier than 7 AM and must conclude and be vacated by 1 PM.
* All parking for event coordinators, volunteers and participants is located on the north side of Garden Lane at the Celery Flats parking lots.
* In an effort to maintain the park grounds and buildings please note, approval is required if your event includes any onsite games, any and all potential structures (tents and canopies), and any promotional signage during your rental period, etc.
* Heated restrooms are available year round at the Celery Flats Pavilion. Early May through the end of October, the Hayloft restrooms are also available (specific dates are subject to weather).
If you are interested in using our trail system for your event, please follow the steps below.
Step 1. Complete an Event Application. Once your event application is approved by Parks staff, move to Step 2.
Step 2. Complete a Facility Use Permit / Release of Liability Waiver.
Step 3. Once both forms are approved and complete, a Fees Permit will be emailed to you, which includes the rental fee information.
Step 4. Make a payment. (Payment is due upon receipt of your permit).
To make a payment go to: https://apm.activecommunities.com/cityofportageparks/Home and pay on account.