- City Manager
- COVID-19 Information
The City of Portage, in partnership with Kalamazoo County Health & Community Services Department (HCS), and the State of Michigan is committed to keeping you informed of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and the latest information.
Kalamazoo County Health & Community Services COVID-19 Vaccination Process
Kalamazoo County Health & Community Services Department is following the COVID-19 Vaccination Prioritization Guidance as outlined by MDHHS and recommended by the CDC and ACIP.
- To view the latest information about vaccination phases visit the Kalamazoo County Health & Community Services website.
- To locate a testing site or vaccination site, visit the Kalamazoo County Office of Emergency Management website.
- To read the latest information from Kalamazoo County HCS, visit https://www.kalcounty.com/hcs/covid19.php. Health-related questions should be directed to Kalamazoo County HCS call center at (269) 373-5267.
- To read the latest information from the State of Michigan, visit https://www.michigan.gov/coronavirus. The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) also launch a statewide hotline at 888-535-6136 to respond to health-related questions about COVID-19.
Guidance for Business
- The State of Michigan has launched a webpage with guidance specifically for businesses as it relates to Governor Whitmer’s Stay Safe, Stay Home Executive Order. Please visit the site at https://www.michigan.gov/coronavirus/0,9753,7-406-98178_98737---,00.html.
- The Michigan Economic Development Corporation provides resources for businesses during the COVID-19 outbreak. MEDC can be reached directly at (888) 522-0103.
- The United States Small Business Association is implementing a variety of programs and measures to assist small businesses.
- Southwest Michigan First has a webpage devoted to business resources, including information about the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act.
- Consumers Energy offers resources to small businesses for assistance with energy bills additional short-term help.