Mobile Food Vendors (Food Trucks & Carts)

Food truck vendors interested in operating a mobile food truck/cart in the City of Portage park system must be registered with Portage Parks & Recreation. To register, please complete the following registration form below and submit the following required documents. 

All required documents may be mailed to:                                
Portage Parks & Recreation Department
320 Library Lane
Portage, MI  49002

 OR you may email all required documents to: 

* All food truck vendors may also apply ONLINE HERE today! * 


  • Park Site: $25/day (within designated hours on a daily permit)
  • Event/Concert: $50/event or concert 
  • Tournaments: $100/day

Required Documents: 

  • The food truck/cart must be licensed by a County Department of Health and Community Services, with copies of licenses/permits submitted with the application.
  • A Mobile Food Service License (MCL 289.6135) is required for hot dog stands, ice cream trucks, push carts, etc.  A Special Transitory Food License (MCL 289.6137) is required for food trucks.
  • Copy of Fire Marshal Safety Inspection Approval (
  • Copy of your organization's certificate of General Liability Insurance policy in the amount of $1,000,000 per occurrence. Motor Vehicle Liability Insurance policy in the amount of $1,000,000 per occurrence combined single limit for Bodily Injury and Property Damage. Coverage shall include all owned vehicles, non-owned and hired vehicles. All coverage shall be endorsed to reflect the following as Additional Insured: "City of Portage, its elected or appointed officials, employees, volunteers, boards, commissions, representatives, and agents". (It is understood and agreed by naming the City of Portage as additional insured, coverage afforded is considered to be primary and any other insurance the City of Portage may have in effect shall be considered secondary and or excess.)
  • Photograph of the mobile food vending unit. 
  • Copy of State issued photo ID for all employees working at the mobile food vending unit. 

Friday at the Flats:

Portage Parks & Recreation would like you to join us on select Friday nights throughout the year to sell your product at the Celery Flats Pavilion (7335 Garden Lane). Food truck and cart owners must register by submitting an application and copies of licenses, permits and insurance certificates. Sites are limited and can be reserved on a first-come, first pay basis for a $50 daily permit fee. For more information, call Portage Parks & Recreation at (269) 329-4522.

Food Truck Location Map


During your visit to any Portage Parks facility, you may be photographed, videotaped or filmed by City of Portage Parks representatives or other authorized parties. Your attendance/admission serves as permission for use of these images by the City of Portage.