Food Trucks

Food truck vendors interested in operating a mobile food truck/cart in the City of Portage park system must be registered with the Portage Parks & Recreation department. To register, please complete the following registration forms below. Completed forms may be delivered to Portage Parks & Recreation at Portage City Hall (7900 South Westnedge Avenue).


  • Park Site: $25/day (within designated hours on a daily permit )
  • Event/Concert (New): $50/event or concert 
  • Event/Concert (Established or Large): $100/event or concert 
  • Tournaments: $100/day

Required Documents: 

  • Copy of Kalamazoo County Department of Health and Community Services license/permit. 
  • Proof of General Comprehensive Liability insurance with no less than $1,000,000 per occurrence of General Liability Insurance and $1,000,000 per occurrence of Motor Vehicle Liability Insurance. 
  • Photograph of the mobile food vending unit. 
  • Copy of State issued photo ID for all employees working at the mobile food vending unit. 

Friday at the Flats:

Portage Parks & Recreation has opened a new registration program for food trucks and carts to join us on select Friday nights throughout the year to sell their wares at the new Celery Flats Pavilion (7335 Garden Lane). Food truck and cart owners must register by submitting an application and copies of licenses, permits and insurance certificates. Sites are limited and can be reserved on a first-come, first-served basis for a $25 daily permit fee. For more information, call Portage Parks & Recreation at (269) 329-4237.

Food Truck Location Map


During your visit to any Portage Parks facility, you may be photographed, videotaped or filmed by City of Portage Parks representatives or other authorized parties. Your attendance/admission serves as permission for use of these images by the City of Portage.