Portage has more than 55 miles of extensive bikeways and trails running throughout the city to enjoy nature, connect citizens to retail and cultural resources, and bring neighbors and neighborhoods together.
The Bikeway Brochure includes a city map showing the extensive bikeway system.
- A separate off-road trail or pathway for joint bicycle/pedestrian use.
- A designated bicycle lane / paved shoulder adjacent to a city street, striped and signed for use by bicyclists.
- More than 23 miles of off-road trail and 41 miles of bicycle lanes.
- Restrooms at most park locations.
- The 4-mile Portage Creek Bicentennial Trail is cleared of snow during the winter, as well as a portion of the Northwest Portage Bikeway from Romence Road and Constitution Boulevard north and west to Hampton Street.
- Please follow safe biking procedures - wear a helmet, ride with traffic and be cautious of motorized vehicles and pedestrians.