City Seeking Resident to Serve on KCCDA Citizen Ad Hoc Group
The Kalamazoo County Consolidated Dispatch Authority’s (KCCDA) Board of Directors, which includes representation from the City of Portage, has created a Citizen Ad Hoc Group. The purpose of this group is to allow citizens to connect to KCCDA and to discuss, interact, and provide input to the Executive Committee related to the provision of 9-1-1 and public safety dispatch service to the residents, visitors, and public safety agencies in Kalamazoo County.
It is the hope that this group will bring citizen input that might not otherwise be heard. This will allow the group to discuss, analyze, formulate, and forward well-developed, thoughtful input to KCCDA’s Executive Committee regarding, but not limited to, the following:
- Provide assistance to the Executive Committee when formulating public policy and help transform policy decisions into action.
- Address issues of interest or conduct background work on technical or politically sensitive issues.
- Serve as a conduit for public forums to build public consensus on controversial issues.
- Give the community a forum for discussion in greater depth than is possible at the Board of Directors.
- Provide a more thorough review of complex and significant matters than the Board of Directors may be able to give.
- Provide public expertise without expending budget money.
learn more about the KCCDA Citizen Ad Hoc Group. Portage residents interested in serving the City of Portage in this capacity are encouraged to submit an application