- Do you have to live in Portage to attend?
- Is membership required?
- What does membership cost?
- What are your hours of operation?
- Is the Center open evenings and weekends?
- May my children travel with me?
- How do I find out if the Center is open during bad weather?
1. Do you have to live in Portage to attend?
Portage residency is not a requirement for membership. Our members come from all over Kalamazoo County and beyond.
2. Is membership required?
Membership is required to participate in all social/recreational clubs and groups. Non-members may travel with the PSC, and register for various classes but pay a higher price. Membership is not required to take advantage of services such as the Center Cafe, transportation, foot clinics, etc.
3. What does membership cost?
Currently the cost is $25 for Portage residents and $35 for non-residents.
4. What are your hours of operation?
The Center is open from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. weekdays, and evenings and weekends to accommodate scheduled events / activities (see #5 below).
5. Is the Center open evenings and weekends?
On Tuesday evening Euchre is scheduled from 6:30-9:30 p.m. Some performing arts groups also practice in the evening. Occasionally the Center is open on Saturday or Sunday for a special event.
6. May my children travel with me?
A few "intergenerational" trips are scheduled annually. Persons younger than 50 may come if there is room. Seniors have priority in registering for trips. Of course, if a senior needs assistance while traveling, a younger companion is welcome to sign up.
7. How do I find out if the Center is open during bad weather?
If Portage Public Schools are closed due to weather, activities at the Center are canceled automatically. Listen to local radio stations or T.V. stations for school closings. Please do not call the Center to find out if we are open. You can also check the PSC home page for this information.