The City of Portage is developing a hiring list for full-time police officer positions. These are highly responsible positions involving crime prevention, criminal and emergency response, investigation and traffic enforcement. 12 hour shifts. The starting hourly rate is $20.67 per hour and moves to $30.54 within five years with an excellent benefits package.
The minimum qualifications for a successful candidate include the following:
- Must possess an Associate’s Degree in Criminal Justice or related field. A Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice is preferred.
- Must be MCOLES certified or certifiable within 6 months of written test date.
- Must pass a written assessment test (as outlined below), an internal oral board (Panel) interview, comprehensive background investigation and post-offer physical and psychological examinations.
- Must pass or have passed the MCOLES physical fitness test.
- Must possess/obtain a valid Michigan driver license with excellent record
- No felony convictions, including expunged convictions.
- Must obtain residency within 20 miles of city boundaries within specified time frame.
The Law Enforcement Police Officer written exam will be held at the Department of Public Safety- Fire Department, 7830 Shaver Road, Portage, Michigan on Tuesday, May 9, 2017 at 6:00 P.M.
In order to participate, the employment application and Supplemental Police Officer application must be completed along with registering for the exam by 5:00 P.M., April 26, 2017.
Employment Applications may be submitted online at www.portagemi.gov or to the Department of Human Resources, City of Portage, 7900 S. Westnedge Ave., Portage, MI 49002. The Supplemental Application may be downloaded at the link below and submitted to email@example.com, faxed to 269-329-4520 or to the Department of Human Resources.
For additional information or to register for the exam, please contact the Department of Human Resources at (269) 329-4533.
The City of Portage is an Equal Opportunity Employer