The City Council meets on two Tuesday evenings every month at 7:30 p.m. in the Council Chambers located at City Hall, 7900 South Westnedge Avenue. Council Meetings are broadcast live on cable television by Public Media Network on Charter channel 190 and AT&T U-Verse channel 99.
2017 City Council Meeting Schedule
- January 10 and 24
- February 14 and 28
- March 14 and 28
- April 11 and 25
- May 9 and 23
- June 13 and 27
- July 11 and 25
- August 8 and 22
- September 12 and 26
- October 10 and 24
- November 7 and 21
- December 5 and 19
Special Meetings and Meetings of the City Council Committees
The City Council occasionally sets special meetings to discuss matters of importance to the Council. Additionally, the Council has established several Council Committees that research specific topics and provide a report to the full Council. Meetings of this type are posted here.
- Pre-Council Meetings - every Monday preceding a regular Tuesday City Council meeting @ 8:00 a.m. in Conference Room #1.
- Committee of the Whole (Millage Reduction, Financial Planning, Millage Rate, Budget Stabilization, Debt Reduction and Act 51 Funding) - Monday, April 10 @ 6:00 p.m. in Conference Room #1.
- Budget Review Meeting #1 - Tuesday, April 18 @ 5:00 p.m. in Conference Room #1.
- Budget Review Meeting #2 - Tuesday, May 2 @ 5:00 p.m. in Conference Room #1.
- Committee of the Whole (Winter Parking Ordinance) - Tuesday, September 12 @ 6:00 p.m. in Conference Room #1.
- Committee of the Whole (Medical Marijuana) - Tuesday, November 14 @ 6:00 p.m. in Conference Room #1.
The notices of meetings on this website are for informational purposes only and do not take the place of those notices required by the open meetings act. The lack of placing notice on this website or any error in the notice does not change or modify the notice required by the open meetings act nor invalidate any decision made at the meetings.