The City Council meets on two Tuesday evenings every month at 7:30 p.m. in the Council Chambers located at City Hall, 7900 South Westnedge Avenue. Council Meetings are broadcast live on cable television by Public Media Network on channel 98. AT&T U-Verse customers can access City of Portage government meetings on channel 99 and then follow the prompts to access the various meetings.
2013 City Council Meeting Schedule
- January 8 and 22
- February 12 and 26
- March 12 and 26
- April 9 and 23
- May 14 and 28
- June 11 and 25
- July 9 and 23
- August 13 and 27
- September 10 and 24
- October 8 and 22
- November 5 and 19
- December 3 and 17
Special Meetings and Meetings of the City Council Committees
The City Council occasionally sets special meetings to discuss matters of importance to the Council. Additionally, the Council has established several Council Committees that research specific topics and provide a report to the full Council. Meetings of this type are posted here.
- Monday, May 13, 2013 - Pre-Council Meeting @ 7:30 a.m. in Council Conference Room.
- Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - Ad Hoc Property Committee @ 4:15 p.m. in Council Conference Room.
- Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - Board & Commission Interviews @ 5:15 p.m. in Conference Room #1.
- Friday, May 17, 2013 - City Manager Evaluation Comm. @ 11 a.m. in Council Conference Room.
- Tuesday, May 28, 2013 - TENTATIVE Pre-Council Meeting @ 7:30 a.m. in Council Conference Room.
The notices of meetings on this website are for informational purposes only and do not take the place of those notices required by the open meetings act. The lack of placing notice on this website or any error in the notice does not change or modify the notice required by the open meetings act nor invalidate any decision made at the meetings.